Monday, June 9, 2008

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last Thursday the sirens started going off during dinner. We grabbed the kids and headed to our shelter (a little closet with a bi-fold door). I don't think it would keep us safe if the Tornado actually decided to hit our house. Well anyway we stayed in our closet for around an hour. While in the closet the power went out and then DH got a phone call to report to work. He was at work until about 2 in the morning and reported back that some funnel clouds had touched down around the city. He also told me that we would have no power for about two days. It would not have been so bad if was not so blasted hot here (upper 90's to low 100's). He went to work the next day and was told that the power would not be restored until Monday. The thought of camping in my home for four days was not what I would call fun. Well we managed to empty our freezer into a members freezer and then emptied the fridge into a newly purchased cooler. DH worked the entire weekend and the kids and I hung out outside. It was bearable but not pleasant especially the sleeping. But it is over and we all survived. After the power came on last night it was like it never happened. I told Bert how we are so quick to forget and so slow to remember. Thanks to all that helped us out and called often we are very grateful for your love and concern.

5 comments:

The Hills said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad your power is back on, and the AC is pumping. Now you can get back to the usual summer fun like hitting the pool. Luv you guys and we're glad that all is well in Altus again.

Leslie said...

Wow- you are a trooper! I can't imagine being in a closet with three kids for that long. Someone would have been crying the whole time and it probably would have been me!!!
I am glad all is good now.
You kids are so cute. I can't believe how big Sadie is, and from the picture on the side bar, she looks so much like Kennedy. They are all SOOOOOO cute!!
Leslie

OUR HOUSE said...

Bert's mom called and told us about your adventures. I laughed so hard when she said that Kennedy said she didn't want to be in the closet anymore, and that she wanted to move back to Utah because they didn't have tornados there. So cute. What a nightmare to have no power for that long. I'm glad it's back to normal for you now.

Brad & Amy said...

I like the look of your blog. I would go crazy without the power for that long. Glad to hear that everything is okay.

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog through Jeanette's (my sis) and thought that I would check it out. I can somewhat relate. In January, when I was 8 months pregnant, the main water line in Ogden broke- no water for 4days. The day after it came back our fridge broke- 1 week living out of a cooler. All the while we were trapped in our house because the city didn't feel it necessary to plow the 6 feet of snow in our cul-de-sac, and a Jetta doesn't do well in even 1 foot. Liberty was sick of it all by the end! I am glad to hear that your family survived!