Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin!!!!!!!!

As some may know I love politics, but as of late I have become a little turned off by the two choices that lay before me. My how one person can make such a difference. As we watched and listened to Governor Palin's speech last night I was re energized about politics again. It feels that finally someone that I can relate to and has a real life and real family has stepped on the big stage. I know that someone else wrote her speech but you could feel that she had a hand in it as well. My favorite line was “Here’s how I look at the choice Americans face in this election: In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers, and then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change,”. I am so excited to vote now and get involved with only 61 days until election day a lot of work is still yet to be done. I must admit that I have become a ultra conservative and am not afraid or ashamed to admit that. I don't think that there is anything wrong with being a democrat but I don't see how with the values that I hold you could stand behind the candidate that they have chosen to represent them. His moral judgement seems completely off base and he doesn't seem to think that the company that we keep in our lives matters. It matters to me and I will do everything in my power to see that he is not elected to the President of the United States and also the commander and chief of our military.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave but I think that a lot is at stake in this election.

7 comments:

Katie Nikolaus said...

Brant and I watched last night too! We felt the same way, she seems like a real person! I am actually excited to vote this year...that's never happened!!!

Toby and Emily said...

And she has great hair - how can you go wrong?

Katherine Ronachert said...

i agree with alot of her politics. it'll be interesting to see where she stands on immigration (did she mention it??) and such.

OUR HOUSE said...

It was like you wrote what was in my head. That is exactly how I have been, and am now feeling about this election. I've been meaning to ask you and Bert about it, because we're usually on the same page about such things. It's good to know we still are. I just wish we could watch all this on FOX sometimes. All we have is MSNBC, and they are so blatantly left that it turns my stomach sometimes. I need something to balance me out.

Hayden said...

I feel the same. Bryson was a little iffy at first- but after hearing her speak and learning more about her and what she stands for, he really likes her as well. She is a great speaker. That was my favorite line, too. I love how you are counting down until election day! I am excited for the debate next month- it should be pretty good. Take care- and try to relax in your busy life.

Jason and Laura Roe said...

Jason and I miss talking to you guys about politics, Glenn Beck, etc. and we love to hear someone else echo the way we feel about the greatest country and the greatest military in the world! We sure miss you guys, GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hills said...

I agree. Did you know O'Reilly has been interviewing Obama. The interview continues for the next three night I think. It'll be interesting to see O'Reilly put him on the spot. I would like to see Obama just squirming in his chair on at least a few questions!!!