Well we finally had everything that we needed and the time to go out on our little fishing boat on a near by lake. We got a good early start and headed to the lake everyone excited and a little nervous at the same time. Everything seemed to be going great until not long after launching and everyone getting in the boat we began to take on a lot of water. We came back to the dock got the car and pulled the boat out, realizing that we did not have a plug for the boat. With all the weight of the water on the trailer tires they went flat. One tire managed to hold up for the length of the ramp but the other came off the rim and was looking to be a total loss. But we were blessed that it was not ruined it just needed to be put back on the rim and inflated. We unhooked the boat (with it jacked up on one side) and headed to the little town near the lake. We returned with a fixed tire and a plug and set out for another try. It was a lot of fun full of laughs. The girls keep asking when they can go again. Smiles just wants to play with the worms again I think. Here are a few pictures of our adventure.
You crack me up. I was laughing the whole time that I read your post. Sounds like a classic outing with the fam doesn't it? I'm glad to know those things don't just happen to me and Keegan. But in the end you prevailed. Sounds like it ended up being a fun outing. Chalk one up for you and Bert! Luv Ya
What fun it has been to read through these adventures. It was good seeing the pictures of John and June. Your tender Father's and Mother's Day posts brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful family you have to enjoy and treasure. It causes me to miss my own terribly, but like you, they are grown up and moving in different, exciting directions. I must get busy and create one of these for our family. Warm greetings to your entire family, Sharon (Wollam) Burch in Ohio
4 comments:
How fun! Your kids are so cute!
You crack me up. I was laughing the whole time that I read your post. Sounds like a classic outing with the fam doesn't it? I'm glad to know those things don't just happen to me and Keegan. But in the end you prevailed. Sounds like it ended up being a fun outing. Chalk one up for you and Bert! Luv Ya
Bert, is that a fish your holding up or just the worm? I can't tell because it's so small:)
What fun it has been to read through these adventures. It was good seeing the pictures of John and June. Your tender Father's and Mother's Day posts brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful family you have to enjoy and treasure. It causes me to miss my own terribly, but like you, they are grown up and moving in different, exciting directions. I must get busy and create one of these for our family.
Warm greetings to your entire family, Sharon (Wollam) Burch in Ohio
Post a Comment