Why as moms do we always choose to be so fussy about what are kids look like. Is it for them or ourselves? I like my kids to look cute and put together but about 30 min. after all my efforts it always seems to look like nothing special was done. This was the case on the day of their dad's promotion from 2nd LT to 1stLT. At least the people that know us also know my kids. We are so proud of Bert even thought this promotion is automatic he still is so hard working and is always striving to be the best. We also had a fun time taking some cake over to the Fire station and then getting to climb in all the Fire trucks (a little kids dream until he sees a plane). We are so lucky to have so many fun opportunities here.




Bert Saluting Lt. Col. Vaughn in is old school BDU's

The kids and I trying to pin on his new rank (not as easy as you may think, maybe I should be doing finger exercises).

Sadie being her shy self (yes I did say shy).
6 comments:
Way to go Bert!
Congratulations! You're kids are always super cute! I'm so glad we got to see you a few weeks ago, but it just made us miss you guys more.
congratulations! my children have that same problem! :)
AD
You and your family are so adorable. Miss you all. Tell Bert congratulations. You are looking great.Love Mitzi
The girls look so cute. And so do you!!! Congrats Bert. We miss you guys.
Okay, I'm up-to-date on my blog, so now it's your turn:) Maybe you have better pictures then me of the fireworks. I was on the wrong setting for most of my pictures, so a lot of them came out dark, but I'll send you the ones I have of your kids. Joe's mom was talking about getting you guys out to Utah in August so that the WHOLE family can be together. I hope it works out - we'd love to see you guys again before we head out to Korea.
Post a Comment