Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unwanted answers....

Yesterday we where told that DH was not accepted into the teaching program for the Air Force. We are still on a list to go to grad school but we have until the end of the month to hear about that. The rejection was not the answer that we wanted to hear but we know that it is the answer that we are supposed to hear.
So much lies ahead for us and sometimes I get lost in all the possibilities and forget about all the great realities.
We are so blessed to have a good job a nice home(it works for us), and so much more. Whatever happens in the end we are just having a lot of fun as a family.

10 comments:

Toby and Emily said...

Hang in there! We went thru hell & back when we first move to AZ trying to sell our old house, living with family, having a new baby, I got an offer to return to my old job in UT for way more money than I made when I left, but we knew we weren't supposed to do that. We weren't sure why at the time, but we knew it didn't feel right. Eventually things worked out and looking back we can see the Lord's profound influence every step of the rocky way. Keep you chins up. Someone much, much smarter and more cabable than us is in charge.

Leslie said...

Don't get too discouraged! We have all been there and know how bad it sucks, but something better will be and when it is all over you will look back and realize and be able to see why this was not the right thing right now. However it is really hard, I know!!
Keep having fun as a family, that is what is the most important!

Hayden said...

Way to stay positive. You are super strong and always insightful. It would be so easy to become upset and angry in that situation, but you keep everything in perspective. What an example- well, you always are!! That's why we love you guys!

Hayden said...

Work is good. It has been very busy- which is good because the time goes by super fast. But yes, the kids are amazing! I really love what I do. And I have made some really great friends at work, too. We are in the middle of changing babysitters-which is a pain because the ones I love aren't as close, or the ones that are close are expensive, etc. Our babysitter we have now is starting a photography business. Anyway,what are you guys up to? Are you coming to Utah or Arizona for Christmas or Thanksgiving? I can't believe how big Dallin is getting- is he still a sweetheart, or has he hit the stinker stage?

OUR HOUSE said...

Sorry to hear it you guys. I guess you just cry a little bit and then move on to plan B (and then sometimes plan C, and then plan D....) Its funny because sometimes Heavenly Father is subtle in the way he directs you through different decisions, and then other times he just pulls the rug out from under you. It keeps things interesting:)

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

We are doing great. We appreciate every ones awesome words of encouragement. We are starting to get excited and what lies ahead. Who know maybe we will volunteer for a short tour overseas. Whatever we do it will be great for our family.

Natalie said...

So sorry, Adrean and Bert! You guys will do awesome wherever you go! I just loved watching your kids on Friday! They are soooo good! You guys must be amazing parents.

Shannon Allen said...

You are so positive! Sometimes it takes a little setback to make the next big thing seem even better! Whatever happens- it will be for the best! You have always been a positive person and I know that you'll survive what ever comes your way! love ya.

The Hills said...

Luv you guys!!! And you're right, enjoy the moment, whatever is supposed to happen will happen. We all think Bert's a stud still.
Smile...........

Katherine Ronachert said...

is it selfish if i'm happy, only if it means you's will be around longer? (had to throw the jersey/philly slang in there!) how did it go last sunday? how's school treating you?